- Be simple and obvious to use
- Suck less than Notepad
- Teach me PyGTK
What works now
- Text editor with cut, copy and paste
- File opening and saving
- HTML previews after Markdown conversion of text
Still to come
The following things, listed roughly in order of priority, will show up in future releases.
- Undo and Redo
- Search and Replace
- Status bar that shows some status
- Win32 binary
- World domination FAQ
Writr is released under the GNU GPL.
- writr 0.1 released on 21st October, 2005
Thanks to all the people behind Python, PyGTK, and Python Markdown. Special thanks to the Scribes project from where I took lots of ideas and a bunch of code. Finally, big thanks to Sandino Flores for writing SimpleGladeApp and dozens of PyGTK example programs.