For some reason, I had to use my SingPass and while logging in, I was asked to pick and answer some security questions. If you’ve signed up for an online service, chances are that you’ve been through the same experience. Here’s the list of five questions of which I was asked to pick two:
- What is your pet’s name?
- Which is your favourite actor?
- What is the title of your favourite book?
- What is your mother’s maiden name?
- What is your father’s date of birth?
So let’s see:
- I don’t have a pet
- Favourite today? Film? TV? Indian? Angrezi?
- Favourite today? Fiction? Non-Fiction?
- Okay.. that I know
- Okay.. that I .. wait.. you want the year also?
Why do they pick questions that will most certainly have answers that change with time? Some months in the future, after I’ve read some awesome new book and have decided that that has to be the best book ever, you expect me to make a careful note as to which is the second best book ever just so I don’t get locked out of this account. WTF?!
For the record, I chose to answer 4 and 5 and I’m sure I put in the wrong year. I wonder how many incorrect answers they’ll allow before sending the cops to get me.